Website Traffic

No water ice found in Japanese lunar mission

Japanese Selene lunar orbiter have failed to detect any signs of water in permanently shaded craters around the South pole of the Moon.

Although the Japanese lunar orbiter found no ice it did find a crater much deeper than other lunar craters of a similar diameter and internal temperatures that could support ice delivered by comets over billions of years.

It has also returned beautiful images of the Earth and Moon as the 40th anniversary of the first manned lunar landing by Apollo 11.
Add To Google BookmarksStumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditTwit ThisAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo

Comments

3 Responses to “No water ice found in Japanese lunar mission”

Desh said...
July 7, 2009 at 8:56 PM

Hi Shabnam Sultan !

I was glad to find your astronomy site http://astronomyforeveryone.blogspot.com as I was wandering through the blogosphere of Astronomy. Since I also share the astronomy field (I am an amateur astronomer from Sri Lanka), I could literally obtain a great knowledge from your pages. I appreciate the time and efforts that you have taken to build up the blog into such a higher standard.

I am happy to inform you that I also maintain an astronomy blog, especially dedicated to IYA 2009 at http://iya2009sl.blogspot.com. I update the periodic IYA 2009 and astronomy happenings in Sri Lanka in addition to providing visitors a worldwide scope on IYA 2009 and Astronomy news.

In order to provide my visitors more information and knowledge, I decided to connect with your valuable and resourceful blog http://astronomyforeveryone.blogspot.com Therefore I want to get your permission to put your link on my blog.

Meantime I would be obliged if you could put a link from your blog to my blog in return. This will also let me to have more audience at the same time.

As I mentioned above my link is http://iya2009sl.blogspot.com and I'm waiting for your reply to be informed about the issue.

Thank you very much for your time amidst busy schedules.
I take this opportunity to wish you all the best for your career and future endeavors!

Yours sincerely,

J D Prasanna Deshapriya

IYA 2009 - Sri Lanka
http://iya2009sl.blogspot.com

Desh said...
July 7, 2009 at 10:51 PM

Hi Shabnam !

Thanks for your nice words..
I was glad to hear those..

Refer to my blog and you can see your link live on my blog..
I hope you'll do the same ...

Thanks again..

Cheers!

Desh said...
July 7, 2009 at 11:59 PM

Hi Shabnam !

Thanks for adding...

Furthermore I invite you to become a follower of my blog and subscribe to the feeds..

Thanks
Desh

Linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails